Monday, March 31, 2008

Withdrawals?


I'm already finding myself thinking about how having no daily demands from the ministry will shape and affect me this summer. 

Often, when I "let down" after a season of pushing hard, I get sick (case in point: I'm sniffling away this morning). I wonder if I'll be sick for the first several days?

As Kiley and I talked this weekend, we've been taught by those who have done studies that it takes two weeks of totally unplugging for your body to truly relax and get rid of the junk that stress builds up in it. We're thinking that the first two weeks will be mostly unplanned wanderings and hanging out.

I'm planning on only turning on my cell phone when Kiley and I are separated and might need to talk to each other. Otherwise, it stays off. And I'm deleting my office e-mail accounts from my phone and computer before leaving.

Now THAT ought to cause some serious withdrawals!