Monday, August 11, 2008

Headed to the Office

I'm headed back into the office for the first time in over seven weeks this morning. some have asked if I'm ready for it. The short answer is "no" ;-). Others have asked if I'm despressed that our time is over. The answer to that is no as well. The only experience that lasts forever will be when we finally are home with our Heavenly Father.

Until that time I am reminded of C.S. Lewis' teaching on how so often we overindulge ourselves with a good thing. I don't have the exact quote in front of me, but, bottom line, he says, "There comes a point when even a good thing, the best of things, becomes a not so good thing. The flavor begins to fade due to familiarity. The joy is not as much. God made us, in this life, to experience life with limits, but in heaven...there will be no end to increasing joy."

No comments: