Tuesday, September 9, 2008

How do people do it?

I've thought a lot about this, this summer. How do we, as human beings, live with ourselves? :-)

We say we believe in and value something and then we ACT in direct contradiction to that fact. It's not just believing in God and then acting as if we don't...that's a pretty big thing and it confuses me every time. It's also small things. Things like, "I think that being healthy is important" and then we eat chocolate chip cookies until we're sick. Or a boss who says, "As a company, we value (you fill in the blank)" and then, when a staff member begins to act as if he/she values that, the boss expresses disappointment.

I'm thankful for a God who understands that people are trapped in sin and is quick to forgive and help. I'm not so patient with people, or even myself, for that matter...but He is.

No comments: