Saturday, January 31, 2009

Dork with a capital D

So...today I reinforced two things I've been aware of for quite some time.
1. I really hate talking on the phone.
2. I should never try to do two things at once; especially when one of them is talking on the phone.

Here's the story...I needed to make a quick call today. In the list of things to do this one should be pretty simple. I call, get the answering machine and start in with my message. At the exact same time something happened to set Ian off. He started crying and all mayhem broke out in the family room. Without realizing it, my brain floated off to the issue at hand while my mouth was still jabbering away. Note to self, don't talk without thinking about what you're saying, especially when what you're saying is being recorded. I got to the end of my message and instead of saying "goodbye" I heard myself say "in Jesus' name, Amen." Can I play the spiritual card by pointing out that it's more automatic for me to end a conversation with "Amen" than "Goodbye?" 

No comments: