Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Wife is Incredible

Kiley has been working her fingers to the bone over the last few weeks making costumes.

Brendon's 4th Grade class has the opportunity in two weeks to participate in an overnight history immersion experience at Sutter's Fort. They will, for 24 hours, live, work and play in the fort in the same manner that the early settler's did. They will learn to cook in the same way. They will learn the basic skills of the day such as rope-making, blacksmithing, building with no power tools ;-), and more.

While at the fort they will also be dressed in period clothing. Each child is given a character (an actual figure who lived at or near the fort) to research and "become" for those 24 hours. 

So Kiley is sewing...she is making period costumes by the arm load. She's an amazing woman with more talents than I can keep track of. It's fun to watch her in action. 

What am I doing with this whole field trip? I get to spend 24 hours with a bunch of 4th graders in a fort. I get to sleep on the floor with them. I get to dress up in a period costume as well. 

I'm not sure who go the easy job...

No comments: