Monday, July 7, 2008

July 7

In Town.

We spent Monday in town (for those who might not be aware of our location – “in town” is 45 miles away from the ranch. That means the closest grocery store, real gas station, etc. is there).
We invaded the Pizza Hut with us and with the Hurd family (11 of us all together) for lunch. Jason has been pastoring here in Gordon for several years now and so everywhere he goes he knows someone. Jason and Laura have done an incredible ministry in this town. Ministry in a town like this is so difficult. You deal with so many different cultures and change comes slow. Doing ministry at a larger level is just a foreign concept to most here, but Jason and Laura keep pressing forward, leading people to Jesus, and making a dent for eternity. I continue to be so impressed by their ministry. Plus, they’re also planting a church about 45 miles West of here. I can’t imagine pastoring two churches…
Kiley had an opportunity to spend most of the afternoon with her Grandma Margaret. Up until just a few years ago, Kiley had all four of her grandparents, but it seems like each year, one more has stepped from this life into eternity. I walked to the boys up to the assisted living facility for a while to visit. She gave them pop (for those California – pop is the REAL name for “soda” – such a sissy name for such a good drink), after which, they were bouncing off the walls, so I took them back to the Hurd house to bounce on the trampoline. Kiley and Karen helped her shop for a new chair for her room and then Kiley went over to Grandma’s house and found some sentimental treasures there to take home – we’ll be taking more home than what we packed. ☺
Jason and I finished the first of what will be several of our board games….round one goes to me. I probably won’t hold on to the lead for long.
We had supper in the Hurd backyard and headed back to the ranch.
One fun stop was at a semi-truck tool sale. I found a 5 piece batch of Ryobi cordless power tools for $50 off what I could get them anywhere else, plus a bunch of other stuff. I guess I’m just as guilty for brining more stuff home.

2 comments:

Jerolyn Bogear said...

You've been on the ranch too long. Look at your post. You said, "Jason has been pasturing...." I don't think Jason would appreciate that one. Well, maybe he would, at least for a good laugh. But I'm sure you will pay.

Mike Skor said...

Stupid spell checker...