Sunday, July 20, 2008

Possum and Thunderstorms

As I type this, I’m sitting in the camper, which is set up inside the huge shop out at the ranch listening to a thunderstorm beat away at the metal roof. I love thunderstorms!

We just got home from evening church in Merriman. Dave Morrisey pastors a circuit of churches throughout Western Nebraska and South Dakota. He knows the people and the culture well and does a great job of pasturing. I found out tonight that he was born in my hometown of Hamilton, MT. His aunt was my piano teacher, Marge Leonardi, and the couple who discipled he and his wife are good friends with my folks (Ron and Bev Hood). It’s a small world.

After church was a small potluck. I had some of the great tasting BBQ sausages. After a good helping, I heard someone say, “Isn’t that possum good?!” Guess my pallet is expanding…

No comments: