Saturday, July 26, 2008

Saturday

Today was a travel day. We slept in this morning (until past 9) and then got on the road.
We made a lunch stop in Billings, MT. and had lunch with a college buddy of mine, Brian Kraft and his new wife of about 9 months. Brian is a gifted counselor, I’m excited to see him healing and possibly headed back into the ministry after his previous wife left him several years ago and he was forced to step out of the ministry.
The rest of the day was spent driving across Montana (it’s a bigger state than most people realize). We dropped South and came up the Bitterroot Valley, where I grew up, from the South. It’s an incredibly gorgeous drive. We drove past the location of the Battle of the Little Big Horn, a small herd of Rocky Mountain Sheep, the place where I learned to ski, and many more just fun sights.
In between fighting with each other, I think the boys enjoyed it, but it was a long day for them. We won’t do any days that long the rest of the trip.
Tonight, we’re camping on the banks of the Bitterroot River on the South side of Hamilton. Hamilton is where I claim as my home town and I haven’t been here in several years. It’s changed a lot.
Tomorrow, we’ll got to church at my home church, fix the bent hitch and then head for the Columbia River Gorge.

No comments: