Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Big Day

In just about 90 minutes we head out the door for the first day of school.

It's a very sentimental season for me.

Brendon begins 4th grade. Fourth grade was the year that my family moved from Minnesota to Montana. It was also the year that marked the beginning of major movements of the Holy Spirit in my life. It was when my personality really began to change, when I was more aware of my choices and friends. I'm proud of Brendon. He's a young man who is going to do well. We met his art teacher last night who made a big deal out of his skill and ability. She intends to pour into him this year in a huge way.

Ian begins Kindergarten. Out youngest, in a sense, officially begins the journey away from home. It's been real hard on Kiley, especially with our plans to have more children being changed by the emergency surgery a couple of years ago. He's her cuddly one. Ian will do exceedingly well. He already has influence and loves to learn.

I'll post pictures and maybe video later.

No comments: