Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th!

One of the things about coming to the Cobb Ranch is that this is one of the few places I can truly get physical rest. The hammock was ready for me when we arrived last night.

Of course, the way I’m fed while I’m here also means that I gain a bunch of weight.
One of the neighbors, who has to be one of the more generous people we know, heard that we were coming and dropped off a bunch of cream (so thick you have to spoon it out) and fresh beef. As I’ve gotten to know Paul and Ruby through the years, I’ve learned that she pays close attention to what people like and she provides it. They don’t have much to give but what she has, they give. She knows I love my home made ice cream and that there’s no ice cream in the world that’s better than what we make here with her cream…so she brought cream. She also knows I love my beef…and so she brought a Prime Rib Roast just for me.
Tonight, Jason & Laura’s youth group will come floating down the river to the back of the house on inner tubes and they’ll camp by the river. We’ll blow off some fireworks and have a great time.

Brendon will stay in the tent with his cousin as his first “away from mom and dad” camping experience.

No comments: