Saturday, July 5, 2008

It's Saturday and been 2 weeks

Today was a lazy day. I took two naps. ☺ Jason’s youth group ate breakfast this morning and then headed back into town. We’ll catch up with the Hurds later this week.
I also finished one book and began two others. The biography I’m reading on Lincoln right now looks at him through the eyes of his rivals. His three most outspoken rivals of his party were key members of his cabinet later and the three most critical opponents of the opposing party he also added to his cabinet. All of these men were better educated, better speakers plus they were more experienced. None of them liked him when they first met him (which is an amazing encouragement for me – I rarely make a good impression), but all of them counted them among his dearest friends later in life.

No comments: