Sunday, September 28, 2008

Interesting

Life is interesting...I mean REALLY interesting. Nothing has quite been what I thought it might be and just when I think I've got a good system going, we enter a new phase with new rules and it all starts over. Not that I'm complaining...okay, I'm complaining, but not in an intense, whiny way :). I get bored easily and it keeps things, well, interesting. Now if I can just learn to enjoy change...

Some recent interesting things that are happening:
-Both boys are in school 6 hours a day which means I have more uninterrupted time to work on things
-Ironically, people I've tried to set up play dates with for the past couple of years are all of the sudden free, so I'm spending more time with people.
-Though some rather bizzare circumstances, I find myself co-leading worship for this year's northern zone ladies' retreat. It's rather last minute since it starts in about a month, so we've been scrambling to get stuff set.
-Recently, I agreed to work with vocals for The River Church, which means I'm running partial rehearsals (which I haven't done since Ian was about a year old) again and directing the choir when we have special services where we use a choir. This is what my college training was about, so it's nice to dust it off and use it again, though I find I've let myself grow a bit rusty in a few areas, which leads me to the next thing to incorporate in my days...
-I've realized it's been a while since I've had an intentional system for exercising and strengthening my voice. I've recently started practicing my vocal exercises again and look forward to gaining some of the flexibility I feel I've lost.
-I'm continuing my daily exercise routine, which is quite invigorating, but takes time.
-In the meantime, I need to make sure I get the boys' Halloween costumes made. This year there are three to make since I offered to make one for my nephew too. He saw the ones I made for e-bay last year and my sister said he was so impressed and really wanted one. I was wishing I had known so I could have done one for him last year, but determined to make one this year.

So...my October is pretty well booked up. I'm wondering what the Christmas holidays will bring...

No comments: