Friday, June 20, 2008

Last Day at the Office

It was kind of surreal walking out of my office for the last time for 7 weeks yesterday afternoon. I turned around and looked around for several minutes before closing the door. It wasn't so much out of sentimentality as it was thinking, "Now what the heck is here that I'm forgetting and am not going to have when I need it in two weeks?!"

Quick run down of my day yesterday:
  • Took Brendon to school (if you can call it that, they watched movies all day) and gave his teacher her present.
  • Had Breakfast with Jeff Norris and his wife
  • Cleaned up some paperwork and answered questions about, "How do I...?" for the last time.
  • Showed my dad and Gregg where all the lawnmowing stuff is at the house.
  • Had "coffee" with Gregg at Java City (some kind of fru-fru drink for me)
  • Deleted my office e-mail account off of my phone (this almost sent me into seizures)
  • Went to a late lunch with Jim - wonder if that'd kind of be like a "last supper" - we ate way too much.
  • Deleted the office e-mail off of my computer and removed any files that might be tempting for me to work on while I was gone. They're safely saved on multiple hard drives for when I return.
  • Watched Ryan re-decorate his office. (TWO desks? - does he have multiple personality disorder?)
  • Went to the orthodontist one last time for 7 weeks - I swear he put his knee in the center of my chest for leverage as he was pushing stuff in and out of my mouth. Bunch of pain...
  • Packed the pick-up with stuff for Kiley's family. Packed tools for "just in case".
  • Helped Kiley install the new curtains in the camper.
  • Played with a GPS that a friend is loaning us - are these things cool or what?!
  • Got the camper ready -- all we need is food and clothes! (I suggested Kiley we take a sabbatical from the latter of the two -- I got the eye roll).

No comments: