Friday, June 20, 2008

Unexpected blessings

I mentioned in my earlier post that I went to the orthodontist for the last time before the trip. Even though I think he moved every tooth in my mouth in the space of 10 minutes...

There was an unexpected blessing...

He and I have been talking about this trip for a while over our monthly lunches and he's been intrigued by the concept of time away, and, especially extended time with my family and with my God (we've had some interesting conversation, let me tell you).

So, on the way out of the office yesterday he was asking questions again and then said, "I've been meaning to tell you this for a few months and it keeps slipping my mind when we meet. If you are going through Oregon at all, or want to, my second house is available to your family to stay as long as you want. It's pretty nice. Lots of stuff for the kids to do. And it's in a beautiful location. Just call me a few days ahead of time and I'll arrange with my caretakers to have it ready for you..."

Wow...

Thanks God for unexpected blessings.

Not sure if we'll be using it, but, as of right now, we have been planning on coming back via Oregon...

No comments: