Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday Morning in Twin Falls



We made it last night and set up the camper in the dark...laughed so hard at the redneck campground we picked. A plowed field just yards off the highway. The trailer would move with the wind of the semis as they blew by...

Here's a couple memories even from this morning...

• I kicked the bucket - About 5 this morning, Ian was tossing quite a bit, so I got up to check on him. He’d crawled out of his sleeping bag and was cold as Ice. I tucked him in and proceeded to climb over Brendon, my foot caught in a bucket and over I went…crashing onto the floor. My arms cleared everything off the counters. As I lay on the floor moaning. The boys didn’t even wiggle. After several moments, Kiley finally popped her head up and said, “What did you do?” Not, “are you OK?” I got up, brushed the skin off my arms and legs that I had scraped off, crawled into bed and said, “Sorry, I kicked the bucket…and it was painful.” We laughed hard for a while.
• As I write this, it’s about 8:00 am. Ian’s head just popped up with a big smile and he snuck over to sit with me. He whispered, “It’s 8 o’clock IN THE MORNING!” Gotta love that kid. He’s now in my spot, cuddling with his mom looking at me with a grin that says, “I’m her favorite.”
• The boys are up and Brendon wants to know when the road trip is going to start again.

No comments: