Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tuesday Thanks

It's Tuesday and that means taking time just to thank my Heavenly Father.

Thanks Dad for...
  • Safety over the nearly 700 miles travelled so far
  • All the right equipment and the right place for changing a blown tire.
  • The unbelievable scenery that surrounds me right now. For the meadows filled with wild flowers as we drove through the mountains yesterday.
  • For two active boys, each with their own expressions, personality, and fun. I can't imagine life without them.
  • For friends like the Andersons and hooking up several hundred miles from home.
  • For a church generous, and trusting, enough to allow our team to take breaks like this.
  • For a family growing up who created memories as a model for my own family.
  • For celebrating my mom's birthday last Friday night.
  • For a day of just relaxing fun in the pool on Saturday before we left.
  • For seeing your creation through the eyes of my children.
  • For gifting me with the most amazing woman I've met as my wife.
  • For the future of working with two of my best friends in Jim and Gregg.
  • For the blessing of finding a brand new, unused screen porch hidden in the trailer's storage that even the previous owner didn't know about (boy am I glad that I'm protected from the clouds of mosquitoes just inches behind me outside the screen!)
  • For the privilege of learning about this incredible world you made. Not just creation (nature), although that would take several lifetimes, but different kinds of people, wisdom, knowledge, emotions, thought, Truth, and so much more. I look forward to century upon century in heaven of discovery under your tutelage.
  • For sleep...there's nothing like sleeping outside like this.
  • For Caffeine...there's nothing that works like that to keep me awake while we drive. :-)

No comments: